Road closed over concerns for woman’s safety
- Credit: Archant
Police have closed Vineyard Street in Colchester over concerns for the welfare of a woman.
The road is currently shut while Essex Police officers attempt to engage with the woman.
Emergency crews were called to the scene at around 9.20am today.
A police spokesman said: "We are currently dealing with a disturbance at an address on Vineyard Street in Colchester.
"We were contacted around 9.20am this morning, Sunday 21 July, with concerns for the welfare of a woman at the property.
You may also want to watch:
"Officers are attempting to engage with the woman.
"The road has been temporarily closed and we ask that members of the public avoid the road to help ensure the situation comes to a safe conclusion."
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Detective who trained generation of officers retires after 45 years
It is not clear yet when the road will re-open again.
People are being asked to avoid the area while police work at the scene.