‘I only used three days ago,’ says driver who tested positive for cannabis
A traffic officer has bemoaned an excuse from a driver who tested positive for cannabis, who is said to have told police: “I only used three days ago officer.”
Pc Nathan Bright, from the Stanway Roads Policing Unit at Essex Police, Tweeted that he had assisted with the stop of the vehicle in Colchester on the evening of Friday, February 15.
He reported how the driver failed the drug wipe test, given to motorists at the side of the road to check whether they are driving under the influence of any illegal substances, before being given the excuse.
He also said it was the driver’s second arrest in a fortnight for drug-driving.
Drink and drug-driving is considered as one of the “fatal four” road offences along with speeding, using a mobile phone while driving and not wearing a seatbelt.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who sees suspected drink or drug-driving should call police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 5 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 6 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 7 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 8 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 9 'Not enough thank yous in this world' - mum of baby saved by police
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed