Essex Police working with Ryanair after passenger filmed launching racist tirade
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Essex Police say they will be working with both the Ryanair and the Spanish authorities after a man launched a racist tirade on a Stansted-bound flight from Barcelona.
The incident was filmed on Friday on Ryanair flight FR015 as it travelled back to the UK.
In the footage filmed by one of the passengers and uploaded onto social media a man is shown to call an elderly woman in the seat next to him an “ugly black b******” and shouts “don’t talk to me in a foreign language you stupid ugly cow.”
Footage shows the man shouting at the woman to move seats while her daughter tries to stand up to him, telling him her mother is disabled.
He replies: “I don’t care whether she’s f****** disabled or not - if I tell her to get out she gets out.”
You may also want to watch:
The man then calls her “an ugly f****** c***” and tells staff to move the woman to another seat, adding: “if you don’t go to another seat I’ll push you to another seat”.
The cabin crew can be heard to say: “Don’t be so rude, you have to calm down” while other passengers call for the man to be thrown off the flight.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 5 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 6 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 7 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 8 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 9 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 10 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
Ryanair tweeted on Sunday that it had seen the footage and reported the incident to Essex police.
It added: “As this is now a police matter, we cannot comment further.”
A spokesman for Essex police said: “This incident, which we were made aware of this morning, is believed to have taken place on a plane at Barcelona Airport.
“Essex Police takes prejudice-based crime seriously and we want all incidents to be reported.
“We are working closely with Ryanair and the Spanish authorities on the investigation.”