Essex pop star Olly Murs pays surprise visit to Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
It was a case of Right Place Right Time for some lucky football fans as Olly Murs turned up in Lowestoft to watch a non-league match.
The singer’s Unpredictable arrival on Saturday (October 7) coincided with Non-League Day, where clubs promote the importance of affordable, volunteer-led community football.
Murs came wrapped up in his Coggeshall Town coat to support the Essex club as they took on Kirkley and Pakefield FC at Walmer Road.
Despite KPFC leading for the majority, there were cries of ‘Oh My Goodness’ as Coggeshall equalised late on to salvage a point.
Kirkley and Pakefield fan Joe Randlesome said: “Olly was happy to pose for photographs, sign programmes and joke with supporters at half-time.
You may also want to watch:
“It was great to see a high-profile pop star supporting grassroots football in Lowestoft - particularly on Non-League Day.”
And what a buzz it was for employees at a local fast food chain, as Murs kept busy by stopping off for food at the drive-through.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 8 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 9 Shoplifter caught stealing £829 worth of alcohol from Sainsbury's
- 10 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style