Essex: Series of burglaries in Tendring district
- Credit: Eastern Counties Newspapers
Detectives are appealing for help following a series of unrelated burglaries and attempted break-ins in Clacton, Kirby Cross and Dovercourt.
Old rings and cash were stolen from a bungalow in Reigate Avenue, Clacton, between 7.30pm and 8.45pm on Wednesday July 2. A three-figure sum of cash and a four-figure sum of Euros were stolen as well as a 100-year-old 22-24 carat gold man’s ring, a diamond encrusted engagement ring and a ladies’ dress ring. A men’s Citizen watch with a black crocodile-style strap which no longer works, an ID-style gold bracelet with chunky linked chain and men’s St Christopher-style gold pendant were also taken.
A rear door and window were smashed at a home in St Osyth Road, Clacton, at around 10.30pm on Wednesday July 2. Two mountain bikes were taken. One was recovered further along the road but a blue Claude Butler cycle has not yet been found.
Two homes in Bemerton Gardens, Kirby Cross were burgled on Friday July 4. No entry was gained to the first home, between 9.20am and 11.20pm but a laptop, Hudl tablet computer and Skagen watch were stolen from a second address between 6.25am and 2.50pm
A house in Briardale Avenue, Dovercourt, was broken in to at 12.05am on Thursday July 3. The intruder disturbed the occupants who were asleep in bed and fled empty-handed. The burglar is described as white, 5ft 8ins to 5ft 9ins tall, of slim build, and was wearing dark clothing.
You may also want to watch:
Gold jewellery, and iPad 2 and tobacco were taken from a house in Nayland Drive, Clacton, between 4pm on Monday June 30 and 2am the following morning. The burglar accessed the home via living room window.
Anyone with information on any of the burglaries is asked to contact Clacton CID on 101.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 4 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors