Essex: Students become regions’ first Institute of Directors student members
- Credit: Archant
Students from Essex University are the first in the region to join the Institute of Directors (IoD) as student members.
The 26 students, mostly from business courses, will get help developing networks and portfolios through the partnership.
It will also allow them to access all of the benefits of IoD membership such as events, an online information resource centre and the opportunity for internships.
David Stanbury, director of employability at Essex University, said: “As one of the top research universities in the UK, Essex is delighted to be working closely with one of the top employer organisations in the country to switch students on to employability.
“Student membership offers a great way for our students to access top quality advice from leading business people that will help prepare them for success after graduation.
“Essex has a strong track record of nurturing budding entrepreneurs and we are sure this will only get stronger with support from the IoD.”
Tim Price, chairman of IoD Essex and operations director of Colchester-based Park City Consulting, added: “Introducing the IoD student membership programme to aspiring students at Essex University is a step towards ensuring that our future directors benefit from the best available resources and contacts at an early stage in their professional career.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 6 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 7 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 8 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 9 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 10 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR
“We are greatly looking forward, at IoD Essex, to welcoming these students into our branch. We see this as a great opportunity to foster relationships with the business leaders of the future.”