Heavy traffic on A12 after Audi car crash and rolling roadblock
- Credit: Archant
Heavy traffic is building on the A12 across the Essex-Suffolk border after a collision between Dedham and East Bergholt.
Police were called around 7:20am on January 11 after reports of an Audi and a Renault colliding between junction 30 and 31 on the main road between Colchester and Ipswich.
The vehicles have now been moved to a slip road to allow traffic to move freely again.
No other emergency services have attended the crash and no injuries have been reported.
Debris from the collision has since been cleared from the road.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk police have used a rolling roadblock to keep traffic moving safely from the scene of the crash.
The incident has cause tailbacks as far as Langham this morning and will affect commuters for the rest of rush hour.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 3 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 4 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 5 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 6 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 7 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 8 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 9 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 10 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
As a result, traffic at the Copdock interchange from the A12 is moving more smoothly.