Essex/Suffolk: Drop-off zone returns to front of Stansted Airport
- Credit: PA
A set down area has returned to the front of Stansted Airport.
The express zone has made a come back to directly outside the terminal, but will keep a minimum charge of £2 for 10 minutes which applied when it was relocated to the short-stay car park.
Signs will also be improved for the free drop-off and pick-up facility in the mid-stay car park with a shuttle bus to the terminals, and real-time technology will be added on airport approach roads so drivers can see where spaces are available.
Mat Garner, head of travel services at the airport, said: “We want Stansted to be the airport of choice for passengers from across the region and whilst we have a fantastic public transport record with more than 50% of passengers using coach, bus or train to get to and from the airport, we also want to ensure those who need to arrive by car or park at the airport have convenient options to choose from that suit all budgets.
“We’ve listened to customer feedback and sought to balance the issue of congestion with ease of access and choice.
You may also want to watch:
“We are investing to improve Stansted’s infrastructure, and will continue to do so.
“This announcement is another stepping stone on the road to improving services and facilities for our passengers.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 4 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 5 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 6 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 9 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 10 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer