Essex: Teen killed in A120 crash
A man was killed in a car crash on the A120 this morning.
The 19-year-old driver was pronounced dead at the scene after his black BMW collided with a bridge support of the A120 at Ardleigh on the road towards Colchester.
There was also a 21-year-old male passenger in the vehicle at the time of the crash who was taken to Colchester General Hospital by land ambulance.
However, his injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
The BMW is believed to have had slight contact with a green LDV van prior to its collision with the bridge.
You may also want to watch:
This driver was not injured.
Both carriageways of the A120 were closed to facilitate the landing of the air ambulance which assisted but did not convey casualties.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 7 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 8 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 9 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
The Colchester bound track of the A120 remains closed and is likely to be shut for at least the next couple of hours.
Police have asked anyone who witnessed the incident to contact police at the Stanway road policing unit on 0300 333 4444.