Essex: Three homes hit by fire
Firefighters in Essex were called to tackle three blazes at homes in and around Colchester this afternoon.
The first broke out at an address in Church Lane, Stanway, just before 1pm.
Two fire crews from Colchester were called to the scene, where they found a kitchen full of smoke.
They wore breathing gear and used one hose to extinguish the fire by 2.20pm.
Crews then used a thermal image camera to check for any hotspots and ventilated the property free of smoke.
You may also want to watch:
Two hours later a blaze started in student residence at the University of Essex, Wivenhoe.
Colchester firefighters were again called - this time to the kitchen of a flat in a two storey block.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 6 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 7 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 8 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
They were able to control the flames within half an hour.
Meanwhile, Halstead firefighters were busy tackling a cottage fire in Surrey Road, Little Maplestead
They were called to a semi-detached cottage just after 3pm and arrived to find the property totally smoke logged.
Crews wore breathing gear and used two hoses to extinguish the fire by 3.45pm.
A woman suffered smoke inhalation in the fire and was put in the care of the ambulance service.