Essex: Three injured in accident involving police car
THREE people have been injured after a crash involving a police car near Colchester.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the accident, which happened at 5.24pm on Saturday.
It involved a marked Ford Focus estate police car, which was responding to an incident, and a blue Toyota Rav4, on the A120 junction with Salmons Lane in Little Tey.
Two women inside the Toyota, aged 45 and 18 from the Colchester area, were taken to Colchester General Hospital by ambulance where they were treated for severe bruising.
The police car contained two officers, a male Pc aged 41 and female Pc aged 32. The female officer was taken to hospital and received treatment for minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed for around four-and-a-half hours while investigations were carried out.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at Dunmow response and patrol on 101.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 8 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 9 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 10 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future