Essex: Three teenagers arrested after object dropped on car from bridge
THREE teenagers were arrested after an object was dropped on to a car from a bridge in Chelmsford.
A woman driving along the A138 Chelmer Road was left badly shaken when an object, believed to be a ball, struck her Audi while she was passing under White Hart Lane bridge.
Police were called at about 6.24pm on Sunday, March 3 after the driver, who is from Witham, stopped nearby and immediately reported the incident.
She said she had seen three youths leaning over the bridge parapet and throwing items at vehicles. There was no damage to the car.
A police search was carried out and two teenage boys and a teenage girl were arrested on suspicion of endangering road users under Section 22a of the Road Traffic Act.
You may also want to watch:
A 14-year-old boy from Chelmsford was later bailed until March 28 pending further enquiries.
A 13-year-old girl from Chelmsford and a 15-year-old boy from Braintree were both questioned but later released without charge.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 4 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 5 Woman's body found in village home
- 6 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 7 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 10 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview