Essex: Tribute to Ryan, 8, killed in Porsche crash
A GRIEVING mother has paid tribute to her eight-year-old son who died after colliding with a Porsche.
Ryan Fleming, from Heybridge, Essex, was crossing the A414 Maldon Bypass on Saturday afternoon when tragedy struck.
The youngster, a pupil at Heybridge Primary School, suffered serious head and pelvis injuries and was pronounced dead at Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford.
Melissa Rowe, his mother, said: “Ryan is and still will be, a bright and bouncy boy. So sad that you had to go, but you will always be in our hearts, never forgotten.
“[You will] always be our little man, missed and always will be, we love you. Our little champion, every day in our thoughts, love you little man.
You may also want to watch:
“A big thank you to Heybridge school for giving him the best year of his life.
“Sadly missed, never forgotten son, brother, grandson, nephew, friend. For you are very special to us all, silent tears will flow.
- 1 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 4 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 9 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 10 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
“We all miss you but will never forget you; you will always be with us, just like we will always have your lucky boxing glove.
“We never got to tell you how much we loved you.”
Police said the owner of the Porsche was not in the car at the time of the crash.
Officers arrested two men, aged 31 and 18, on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and aggravating vehicle taking. They have been released on bail until April 15, 2011.