Essex: Two men seriously injured after car crash in Alresford Road near Wivenhoe
TWO men were seriously injured after a car spun out of control near Wivenhoe, police said.
A grey Seat Ibiza crashed in Alresford Road around 6pm on Thursday.
The car’s driver, a 31-year-old man from Wivenhoe, received serious back injuries. His passenger, a 30-year-old man, was also seriously injured. Both were taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge. Another passenger, a woman, suffered minor injuries.
No other car was reported to be involved in the incident.
A spokeswoman for Essex Police said: “The car was travelling along Alresford Road towards Wivenhoe when the driver lost control of the car and crashed and police urgently need to speak to anyone who was in the area, witnessed the crash or saw the car in the moments prior to the crash.”
Fire crews - from Colchester and Wivenhoe - were scrambled and cut the trio free.
Anyone with information should call Pc Alex Southgate at Essex constabulary’s road policing unit on 101.
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 5 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 6 Ex-Celtic boss Lennon linked with Town job
- 7 A14 closed in both directions near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 8 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 10 Body of man found in Saxmundham