Essex: Warning to motorists in wintry weather
- Credit: Archant
POLICE are advising motorists to only travel if necessary following 12 crashes since midnight.
Further snowfall is expected today with conditions set to deteriorate.
Essex police officers are asking motorists if they do intend to make a journey to carry out the following preparations before setting off:
- Make sure all your car lights are working and you have no failed bulbs. Ensure that dirt, salt and snow is cleared away from light fixtures.
- Always ensure all windows are fully cleared of snow, frost and condensation before setting off on a journey - it is illegal to drive with obscured vision.
- Also clear snow from the top of the car as this can fall down and obscure your windscreen while you are driving.
- Keep windscreen washer fluid topped up as windscreens quickly become dirty from traffic spray and salt from the roads.
- 1 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 2 Matchday Recap: How Town's 1-0 win at Burton unfolded
- 3 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 4 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 5 Army carries out controlled explosion of dummy tank shell in west Suffolk
- 6 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of manslaughter after death of child
- 7 Chasing a treble, style shift and potential debut - Burton v Ipswich talking points
- 8 Suffolk councillor can stay in role despite bribery sentence
- 9 Man dies following two-vehicle crash in west Suffolk town
- 10 'My darling boy' - Mum's tribute to six-month-old baby who died after crash
- Make sure you have sufficient fuel for your journey. Keep the fuel tank topped up.