Essex: Warning to motorists in wintry weather
- Credit: Archant
POLICE are advising motorists to only travel if necessary following 12 crashes since midnight.
Further snowfall is expected today with conditions set to deteriorate.
Essex police officers are asking motorists if they do intend to make a journey to carry out the following preparations before setting off:
- Make sure all your car lights are working and you have no failed bulbs. Ensure that dirt, salt and snow is cleared away from light fixtures.
- Always ensure all windows are fully cleared of snow, frost and condensation before setting off on a journey - it is illegal to drive with obscured vision.
You may also want to watch:
- Also clear snow from the top of the car as this can fall down and obscure your windscreen while you are driving.
- Keep windscreen washer fluid topped up as windscreens quickly become dirty from traffic spray and salt from the roads.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 8 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 9 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 10 Car ends up on side after crash involving parked car
- Make sure you have sufficient fuel for your journey. Keep the fuel tank topped up.