Essex: Woman, 19, and boy, 11, seriously hurt as car hits tree
POLICE are appealing for witnesses to a road crash in Essex which left a young woman and boy seriously injured.
The collision happened near Thaxted when the driver of a black Peugeot 206 appears to have lost control of the car while travelling along the B1051 shortly before 9:30pm on Wednesday, October 3 and struck a tree.
The driver, a 19-year-old woman and the front-seat passenger, an 11-year-old boy, were conveyed by paramedics to Cambridgeshire’s Addenbrookes Hospital after sustaining head injuries.
They both remain there in stable conditions. The pair live in the Thaxted area.
A section of the road was closed for approximately five hours while forensic collision investigators carried out their work and the car recovered.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information in connection with this crash is urged to contact investigating officers at Dunmow Road Policing Unit on 101.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 5 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 6 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 7 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 8 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 9 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 10 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season