Evacuation at Carlton Court Hospital following blaze in kitchen

A victim suffered burns after a flat fire in Clacton

A victim suffered burns after a flat fire in Clacton - Credit: Archant

Fire fighters attended a blaze in a kitchen at Carlton Court Hospital this morning.

One engine and a rescue pump from Lowestoft South were sent to the incident in Carlton Colville, near Lowestoft at 10.42am to find a dishwasher and washing machine well alight.

An evacuation of the area was carried out and all persons were accounted for.

The fire was under control by 11.27am.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus