Every Heart Matters appeal reaches £150,000 mark after host of fundraising events
- Credit: Archant
The appeal to raise £500,000 to help create a new cardiac unit at the West Suffolk Hospital, in Bury St Edmunds, has hit the £150,000 mark – less than eight months after it was launched.
There has been a host of fundraising initiatives during that period plus a large legacy which was left towards the appeal.
It’s prompted praise from the My WiSH Charity, which is behind the campaign for the many fundraising initiatives which have been held to help boost the funds.
They have included 10 senior staff raising over £1,000 with a sponsored 18-mile walk from the hospital, via Glastonbury Court to Newmarket Hospital; £610 from a retirement party at the Station Hill Social Club for David Hamilton who worked at Muller Milk, in Thetford; £650 from nearly 200 youngsters from Wood Ley Primary School, in Stowmarket, following their nativity play performances; £292 from the annual Christmas party held at SK Clinic & Spa, in Bury; £750 following a charity walk from Melford Hall, in Long Melford, to Nowton Park, by 28 pupils from the King Edward VI School, in Bury; and £1,431 from a 70th birthday party for Richard Bridgman, the owner of Warren Services, in Thetford, held at the Ravenswood Hotel, in Rougham.
There have been other smaller donations made to the appeal and many other events are planned throughout the year to help further boost the funds.
The appeal total currently stands at £150,919 and Sally Daniels, the campaign manager for the My WiSH Charity, said: “The community have been just incredible at getting behind our Every Heart Matters appeal.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve had fundraisers holding birthday parties, trekking miles, baking cakes, holding concerts as well as amazing donations of thanks for the care they, or they loved ones, have received.
“We have wonderful letters coming into the charity on a daily basis, praising the fantastic staff at West Suffolk Hospital.”
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 8 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 9 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
The appeal, which is being run by the My WiSH Charity, is aiming to raise £500,000 to help fund building a brand new cardiac centre at the West Suffolk Hospital.
If you want to support the Every Heart Matters appeal go to the website www.mywishcharity.co.uk
Anyone wishing to donate to the appeal can do so by going to Justgiving.com/ehma or text EHMA17 £10 to 70070.