Silversmith and printmaker to showcase their talents in new exhibition
- Credit: Archant
The works of the CO10 Collective, a new group of artists in Sudbury, will go on show when it holds its first exhibition.
It takes place at Mill Tye Gallery and Arts Centre in Great Cornard throughout May and curator Cathy D’Arcy said it would showcase local talent.
Cathy, who is a ceramic artist, said she got the idea for the group after moving to Sudbury two years ago and saw that Mill Tye Gallery would be a way of bringing artists in the town together.
“Sudbury is full of creative people and I’m finding more and more,” she said.
“I think a lot of it is to do with the print workshop at Gainsborough House, I know that people have moved here because of it and as a result there is a thriving scene here.”
You may also want to watch:
The collective is made up of Cathy, silversmith Val Burnett, printmaker John Guest, and artists Jos Dalley, Judith Glover and Sue Marsden.
At least one of them will be on hand every day to talk to visitors at the exhibition, which will be a mixture of their specialisms.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 5 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
The exhibition previews on Saturday May 4 and will be open from 11am to 7pm until Sunday May 26.
For more details about Mill Tye events go to the gallery website.