Expensive wine drunk and TVs stolen in pair of raids at Ipswich Town Football Club
- Credit: Archant
A pair of break-ins at Ipswich Town Football Club in Portman Road resulted in expensive wine being drunk, TV’s being stolen and a food fight breaking out, it has been reported.
In the last week, the stadium was broken into twice, with Suffolk police officers confirming it was investigating both incidents.
The first happened overnight on Saturday, October 7, where it is understood the raiders accessed expensive wine and drank it, before raiding the fridges.
The second incident happened in the early hours of Wednesday morning, where it is believed some plasma TV screens were taken.
A Suffolk police spokeswoman said that officers had been made aware of the break-ins and were investigating.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman from the club added: “We can confirm there have been two incidents over the last week of intrusion at the stadium.
“The police are aware and are investigating.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
“We have increased our security as a matter of course.”
Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed any suspicious activity or has any information which can aid police in their investigation to contact them on 101.