Extra 45 minutes on journeys as buses replace trains all day between Ipswich and Felixstowe
Buses will replace trains throughout the day between Ipswich and Felixstowe because of a train fault.
Rail services between the two stations have been suspended as a result.
Operator, Abellio Greater Anglia said disruption is expected until the end of the day, due to no other spare trains being available.
A rail replacement bus service, operated by Panther Travel, will run in both directions between Ipswich and Felixstowe.
The location of each station’s designated bus stop can be found at the National Rail website.
Passengers are being advised to allow for an extended journey time of up to 45 minutes in each direction.
You may also want to watch:
Customers at Westerfield have been asked to use the station ‘help point’ for alternative road transport, although trains between Ipswich and Lowestoft will be calling additionally at the station.
Abellio Greater Anglia apologised and said it was working as quickly as possible to resolve the problem and restore a normal train service.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets