Extractor fan fault sparks fire in Dovercourt kitchen
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Fire chiefs believe a kitchen blaze in an Essex home was caused by an extractor fan fault.
The brigade was called to Howard Avenue, Dovercourt, around 9.25am today after a neighbour spotted smoke coming from the back of a property.
On arrival, crews found a small fire burning in the kitchen and the downstairs of the home filled with smoke.
The fire was extinguished by 9.45am.
Crews used a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the property of smoke.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Essex County Fire and Rescue Service said: “The kitchen has suffered minor fire damage, while the rest of the ground floor has been affected by smoke damage.
“The fire is believed to have been caused by a fault within an extractor fan.”
- 2 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 5 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 6 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 7 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 8 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy
- 9 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour
Two fire crews from Dovercourt attended the incident.