Eye: Cottage chimney catches fire

FIREFIGHTERS used a ladder to reach a blaze which broke out in a cottage chimney.

The small fire started on the ledge of a chimney at a home in Magdalen Street, Eye, at around 8.50am.

Firefighters from the town were joined by colleagues from Diss at the scene.

They used chimney rods and a nine metre ladder to reach the flames from above.

By 10.15am the fire had been extinguished.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus