Eye: Driver dies after heart attack at the wheel
A 70-YEAR-OLD man has died after suffering a heart attack while driving near Eye.
Emergency services were called to Ludgate Causeway at 12.12pm today following reports of a single vehicle collision.
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “The driver of the vehicle was confirmed dead at the scene.
“The driver, a 70-year-old man, had suffered a cardiac arrest in the car.”
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Police could not confirm any further details about the incident but said that nobody else was involved in the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Police officers attended the scene of the crash on the B1117 and reopened the road at 3.40pm.
Police would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 5 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 6 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 7 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 8 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
Calls can be made to 01473 613500.