Eye: Police appeal for witnesses to serious crash
Police officers are today calling for witnesses to a head on crash near Eye.
The accident happened at around 4.22pm yesterday in Cookley Road near Cookley Farm.
A red Ford Fiesta and green Toyota Corolla were involved in the collision.
The 44-year-old female driver of the Fiesta suffered serious chest and leg injuries.
A Suffolk police spokesman said she is in a “critical but stable” condition at the Norfolk and Norwich hospital.
You may also want to watch:
An 18-year-old female passenger suffered serious leg injuries and is in a “serious but stable” condition at the same hospital.
A male driver of the Corolla, 71, who sustained shock at the time of the collision, is also currently at the Norfolk and Norwich hospital.
- 1 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 2 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 3 Channel 4 documentary to be filmed at Suffolk pub
- 4 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 5 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 6 Donacien's 'feeling the love' after returning from the Ipswich Town shadows
- 7 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 8 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 9 Woman taken to hospital following three-car crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
A spokesperson for the ambulance service said: “The collision caused both women, one in her 40s, the other, an 18-year-old, to be severely trapped in their vehicle and their injuries could potentially be life-changing.
“Emergency crews worked very hard together to ensure they could be freed safely and treated as quickly as possible. The casualties were all conveyed to Norfolk and Norwich Hospital.
“We are encouraging all drivers to think about their own safety and that of others whilst on the roads this winter.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident should contact PC Andrew Smith of the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk Constabulary on 101.