Two left trapped in cars after crash in Suffolk country lane
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Firefighters freed a man from his car and a woman has been detained after a collision on a Suffolk country road.
Police, paramedics and firefighters were all called to reports of a car crash at about 7.30pm this evening, September 30, in the village of Eyke.
Emergency services found the two cars, a Ford Fiesta and a Skoda Fabia, damaged and blocking the A1152, close to Crack's Lane.
One of the drivers was left trapped in his vehicle after the crash, with firefighters having to cut him free.
He is reportedly injured and in the care of the fire service but the extent of his injuries are not known at this stage.
You may also want to watch:
The woman driving the other car involved has been detained by police on suspicion of drink driving.
The road remains blocked while police work to clear the scene.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 6 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
- 10 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue said: "Both a man and a woman were left trapped in their cars.
"The whole roof of the man's car was removed to release him and he is now receiving oxygen in the care of the fire service."