Driver fails to stop at scene of crash near Aldi – before ditching vehicle on foot
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Officers are appealing for witnesses after a car failed to stop following a road traffic collision in Sudbury.
Police were called yesterday, Tuesday, March 10 at 5.30pm to reports of a collision in Girling Street, near to the Aldi.
It involved a silver Mitsubishi Carisma car and a grey Nissan X-Trial vehicle.
The driver of the Mitsubishi failed to stop at the scene and drove to Belle Vue Road before leaving his vehicle on foot and reportedly heading in the direction of Minden Road.
Nobody is thought to have been injured as a result of the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the collision, including those with relevant dash cam footage or who has any information are asked to contact Suffolk Police quoting CAD reference 287 of 10 March.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 3 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 4 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 6 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 7 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 8 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 9 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 10 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints