Police dogs search for car chase suspects
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a driver in Mildenhall failed to stop and drove off at double the speed limit.
Officers tried to stop a silver Vauxhall Vectra at 6am on Thursday, November 12 but the driver failed to do so.
Then, at 9.10pm on the same day, officers asked the same vehicle to stop in College Heath Road, Mildenhall.
The driver drove off, overtaking other cars and driving at 60mph in a 30mph zone.
Police chased the car through Mildenhall and into Beck Row, where it was abandoned in a field off Snare Drove.
You may also want to watch:
Despite police dogs searching the area, the people in the car were not located.
Police are now asking for anyone who was driving in the area at the time and witnessed this incident – in particular anyone with a dashcam fitted in their vehicle – is asked to contact the Sentinel West Team, quoting reference: 65826/20.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 4 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found