Bumbling burglar falls from roof in attempted burglary
- Credit: Archant
A bumbling burglar fell from a conservatory roof after attempting to steal a ring from a teenager’s windowsill.
The thief had climbed the conservatory roof at a house in Thyme Mews, Witham, at around 4pm Thursday, September 17, after spotting a ring box on the windowsill.
A teenage boy inside the room tried to get it back – before the burglar stumbled after trying to grab his wrist and fell.
The ring and its box were left behind and the man escaped on a bicycle towards Bramble Road.
The burglar is described as white, in his early 20s and with short ginger hair. He was of a slim build and wore a black top, red shorts and a black face mask.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who saw a man matching his description is asked to call Det Con Gemma White at Braintree CID on 101, quoting reference 42/149544/20.
Crimestoppers can also be contacted anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 4 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 5 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 8 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
- 9 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints
- 10 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders