Man stamped on and left with broken jaw in ‘targeted attack’
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 20s suffered a broken jaw after he was stamped on and punched in the head in a suspected targeted attack.
Essex Police are appealing for witnesses to the assault in Fairhead Road, Colchester, which happened on the night of Wednesday May 8.
Officers were called just before midnight after the victim was walking with a friend when a vehicle pulled up beside them with a man and woman inside.
The man got out of the car and spoke to the victim before punching him in his face and head, knocking him to the ground, then stamping on him.
The attacker has been described as being white, with light ginger to blonde hair, with a goatee beard and about 6ft tall.
You may also want to watch:
He drove either a silver or a light blue car.
Anyone with information, CCTV or dash cam footage is asked to call Colchester CID on 101, quoting incident 1291 of May 8.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 5 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 6 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 7 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 8 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 9 'Not enough thank yous in this world' - mum of baby saved by police
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
Alternatively call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.