Falling tree leaves car owner counting the cost
IPSWICH: This is the wreckage left after a tree came crashing down on top of a car in Westerfield Road.
A huge branch snapped off the horse chestnut in Christchurch Park during Tuesday evening’s rush-hour.
Fortunately the owner was not inside the car at the time but he would have been feeling a shade off-colour when he returned.
The picture was taken by Evening Star reader Robin Adams.
The 67-year-old, of Constable Road, Ipswich, said: “It was a bit odd how it happened because there wasn’t a high wind. The owner would not be very happy when they saw their car.”
You may also want to watch:
Council teams arrived promptly to clear up the debris to allow traffic to flow freely along the road again.
A spokeswoman for Ipswich Borough Council said the car had been damaged, but the owner was able to drive it away.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 4 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 6 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 7 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 8 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 9 Town set to learn Carabao Cup and Papa John's Trophy opponents
- 10 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
She added: “We are having ongoing discussions with him to make sure everything is ok.”
n Are you the owner? Call The Evening Star news desk on 01473 324788 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org