Family ‘devastated’ by swimmer’s death
THE family of a woman who died after taking part in the Great East Swim have said they are “devastated” by her death.
Tracey Rammell, 35, died after taking part in the event at Alton Water in Saturday.
Mrs Rammell, who lived in Leicester, was pulled out of the water and taken to Ipswich Hospital where she later died.
Mrs Rammell’s partner and family today issued a statement paying tribute to her.
The statement read: “We are all devastated by the death of Tracey on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“Tracey was a regular swimmer who loved the outdoors and she died doing something that she really enjoyed.
“The family and friends are trying to come to terms with losing her and we would ask for privacy at this extremely difficult time.”
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 5 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 8 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 9 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 10 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket