Family first as university knocks for Scott
RESULTS day for Scott Jones was more than just a string of top grades - it was a marked a new era in his family’s history.
After opening his little brown envelope, the 18-year-old King Edward VI School student learned he would be the first in his family ever to go to university.
Scott, who notched A* in biology, chemistry and maths, will read biochemistry at St Anne’s College, Oxford.
“My mum and dad are really, really proud of me. I am really, really looking forward to it.”
Scott is planning to head straight to the University of Oxford rather than taking a year out.
You may also want to watch:
His headteacher Geoff Barton said he was delighted for Scott.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 4 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 6 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 7 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 8 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 9 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 10 Town set to learn Carabao Cup and Papa John's Trophy opponents