Family flee kitchen blaze

A MOTHER and her two children were taken to hospital after breathing in smoke when a fire broke out in the kitchen of their home.

Annie Davidson

A MOTHER and her two children were taken to hospital after breathing in smoke when a fire broke out in the kitchen of their home.

Firefighters said the family were saved from more serious injury because their home in Clarendon Park, Clacton, was fitted with smoke alarms.

Emergency services were called at 2.43am today and two fire crews from Clacton fire station went to deal with the blaze.


You may also want to watch:


They gave the mother, who was in her forties, oxygen treatment at the scene and she and her two children were taken to Colchester General Hospital by ambulance.

The blaze, which badly damaged the kitchen at the house, was put out within twenty minutes of firefighters arriving.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter