Family of Ethel Butcher, 85, who died at Care UK’s Mildenhall Lodge, were ‘concerned’ over quality of care
- Credit: Archant
The family of a resident who died at the under-fire care home Mildenhall Lodge had concerns over the care at the Care UK facility.
Today an inquest into the death of Ethel Butcher at the home in St Johns Close on September 18 was opened and adjourned.
The hearing, held by Suffolk Coroner Dr Dan Sharpstone in Bury St Edmunds, heard that Mrs Butcher, 85, died from bronchopneumonia and emphysema.
Dr Sharpstone said: “The family raised concerns with care issues.”
The inquest is due to be held in January 2015.
You may also want to watch:
Mildenhall Lodge was opened in June this year by Care UK, but a Care Quality Commission report found that it was failing to meet several criteria.
Suffolk County Council have suspended any more council admissions to the home.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 8 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results