Family pay tribute to Sudbury Cycle Club member Jonathan Weatherley, 43, from Sible Hedingham after fatal crash
- Credit: Archant
Tributes to a cyclist who died on August 23 after a Twinstead crash have been paid by the family.
The family of Jonathan Weatherley, 43, from Sible Hedingham, who died on Lorkins Lane, have described him as dearly loved and cherished.
He is believed to have lost control of his road bike in Lorkin’s Lane on Sunday, August 23.
He was found by a member of the public at about 3.40pm but died at the scene despite the efforts of paramedics and the air ambulance.
His family said: “Jonathan was a dearly loved and cherished son, brother, uncle, nephew and cousin, and was a kind and supportive friend to everyone that knew him.
You may also want to watch:
“He was a qualified architect who specialised in period and listed properties.
“However, Jonathan’s greatest passion and love was cycling, which gave him a great appreciation of the surrounding countryside and wildlife.
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 3 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 4 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 8 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 9 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 10 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
“As an active member of Cycle Club Sudbury, he last year broke most of their long standing time trial records and was their Rider of the Year.
“Outside of cycling, he had a wide ranging variety of hobbies and interests, including photography, music, travel and literature.
“He particularly loved Italy for its art and architecture, but especially its cuisine and way of life.”
Mr Weatherley’s family would like to thank everyone for the kind support they have received at this very difficult and tragic time.
Anyone who saw Mr Weatherley in Lorkin’s Lane between 3pm and 3.30pm is asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or email email@example.com