Family pay tribute to young dad-of-two who died in Witham crash hours after getting new job
- Credit: Archant
A young father-of-two who died after a late-night crash in Witham had been out with his brother celebrating getting a new job, his family has revealed in a glowing tribute.
Adam Heath, 32, of the Chelmsford area, was a front-seat passenger of an Audi which collided with a stationary HGV trailer in Freebournes Lane just before 1.20am on February 26.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
In a statement issued through Essex Police today, his family paid tribute to the “gentle soul” and “amazing dad” who had a strong bond with his two young children.
His family said: “Adam meant so much to so many people. He was the firstborn, our oldest brother and a loving father to his two boys aged eight and five years.
You may also want to watch:
“Adam loved spending time with his children and he was an amazing dad. He has such a strong bond with his children. He was always smiling and laughing and was so content in life.
“Adam had so many friends and was just the sort of person you would want to be around. He had a gentle soul.
- 1 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 6 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-1 win against Fleetwood
- 8 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 9 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 10 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
“Adam was out celebrating with our other brother and a friend of theirs. He was celebrating getting a new job on the night that this tragedy occurred. It still has not quite sunk in that he has really gone, just writing this feels so surreal and so wrong.
“Adam was so young, he had his whole life ahead of him and his children – words cannot describe. He will remain in our hearts forever. It is just such a devastating tragedy.
“We love you so much Adam, rest in peace brother.”