Family-run clay shooting ground in Suffolk wins gold award from national magazine
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk clay shooting range - run by a father and son - has won an award from a national shooting magazine.
Eriswell Lodge scooped the Gold Award for the Best Shooting Ground in the east region from Clay Shooting Magazine, with High Lodge Shooting Ground in Saxmundham coming runner-up.
The ground, near RAF Lakenheath, was reopened in April 2015 by father and son Nigel and Stuart Smith and now holds a range of competition shoots including two national events.
It also won bronze for National Best Breakfast and claimed silver for the National Best Skeet Facilities.
Stuart Smith said: “It’s a competition that is based solely around reader votes, which makes it all the more special to be mentioned as out customers really are our focus at Eriswell Lodge.
You may also want to watch:
“Both my father and I are overjoyed to have been credited with these awards, especially given our competitor grounds both in the region and nationally.”
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 9 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 10 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners