Family-run clay shooting ground in Suffolk wins gold award from national magazine
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk clay shooting range - run by a father and son - has won an award from a national shooting magazine.
Eriswell Lodge scooped the Gold Award for the Best Shooting Ground in the east region from Clay Shooting Magazine, with High Lodge Shooting Ground in Saxmundham coming runner-up.
The ground, near RAF Lakenheath, was reopened in April 2015 by father and son Nigel and Stuart Smith and now holds a range of competition shoots including two national events.
It also won bronze for National Best Breakfast and claimed silver for the National Best Skeet Facilities.
Stuart Smith said: “It’s a competition that is based solely around reader votes, which makes it all the more special to be mentioned as out customers really are our focus at Eriswell Lodge.
“Both my father and I are overjoyed to have been credited with these awards, especially given our competitor grounds both in the region and nationally.”
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
- 5 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 6 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 7 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 8 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
- 9 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 10 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years