Family set to identify body found in field
THE family of a man who went missing last week are poised to identify a body found two days later in a field.
Police believe the body discovered in fields off Appledown Drive in Bury St Edmunds, shortly after 2.30pm on Saturday, could be 38-year-old Shaun Alcock, who went missing from his home in Sheerwater Close on Thursday.
The body was found close to Mr Alcock’s home.
The last time Mr Alcock was seen he said he was popping out for food. But as the hours wore on, his family became increasingly concerned for his welfare.
A police spokeswoman today said formal identification of the body was expected to take place either this afternoon or tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
The Greater Suffolk Coroner has been informed of the death.
The cause of the body’s death is still “being treated as unexplained”. There are no suspicious circumstances relating to the death.
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 4 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 9 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Judge tells jury majority verdict allowed