See the best of Suffolk’s seafood from ShuckFest
- Credit: Archant
Seafood fans had their taste buds tantalised at Woodbridge’s annual ShuckFest this weekend, as hundreds of visitors got a chance to sample the coastal produce that Suffolk is famous for.
The festival, celebrating all things shellfish, was a chance for the public to try delicious oysters, dressed crab, lobsters, whelks, cockles and even fish smoked in Woodbridge.
Fishmongers gave people a chance to pick their own fish for the festival’s barbeque.
The festivals hark back to the times when every seaside resort had a seafood vendor on the coast.
Mussels and chips were a popular choice.
You may also want to watch:
If visitors braved the weather they could also take in some of Woodbridge’s newly developed waterfront and the beautiful River Deben.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 6 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 7 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 8 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 9 Historic East Anglian sailing barge to become floating bakery
- 10 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull