Fans asked to design new Town shirt
SUPPORTERS are being asked to come up with striking designs for next season's Ipswich Town home shirt.For the first time, fans are being given free reign on the football club's strip and the winning entry in the competition will net £1,000 for its designer.
SUPPORTERS are being asked to come up with striking designs for next season's Ipswich Town home shirt.
For the first time, fans are being given free reign on the football club's strip and the winning entry in the competition will net £1,000 for its designer.
The club has launched the contest with the 2005/06 season in mind, when Joe Royle's side could be parading the new kit in the Premiership.
But, while the rules are relaxed, there is no yellow and green allowed. The shirts have to be blue and white and also must feature the crest, sponsor and player name and number.
Sara Raven, the club's marketing manager, said: “In the past, we've asked fans to choose a shirt from a selection of designs and now we've decided to go a step further.
“I'm sure the fans have plenty of talent and this is their chance to show it. There are a few guidelines on design, but after that anything goes.
- 1 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 4 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 5 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
- 6 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 7 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 8 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 9 Cook's strongman act, vacancies to fill and a new challenger - Town face Barrow
- 10 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
“The competition is open to anyone who can hold a pen and to any age. You don't have to be an artist or designer to take part.”
Entrants must submit their designs by October 10, after which a judging panel, consisting of the manager, chairman and players, will pick the top five.
The shirts will then be made up and Blues fans will have the final choice of which becomes the new kit.
The winner, to be announced at the home game against Wigan on December 18, will have their shirt framed and their picture taken with the team, as well as winning £1,000 cash. Each of the four runners-up will see their designs made and framed.
Entry forms are available from the club's website and Planet Blue stores. The competition is being sponsored by sports firm ASD.