“He would choose our wedding weekend for this!” – Ed Sheeran fans react to Ipswich tour dates
- Credit: PA
The people of Suffolk found out this morning that global superstar Ed Sheeran will be returning home for two huge concerts next summer. Check out their reactions below.
Some made watertight ticket buying strategies, while others dismayed at clashes with special events – whatever their plans for summer 2019, the people of Suffolk had just one thing on the brain this morning: Ed’s coming home.
We have included a selection of their comments below – did we feature yours?
The gigs will take place on the August 23 and 24 – a Friday and Saturday night.
News of Ed’s return to Ipswich next summer came as part of a larger announcement about his global headline shows and festival dates for next year.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the Ipswich shows will go on general sale at 10am on Thursday, September 27. Ticketing rules for the gig will be strict in line with Sheeran’s previous stance on ticket reselling.
‘Paperless’ tickets will be used for the event, meaning that the credit or debit card used to purchase entrance to the gig will in fact be the ticket.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 7 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 8 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 9 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 10 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners
Organisers hope that this will reduce the opportunities for touts to sell on tickets.
Fans who are genuinely unable to attend will be able to sell their tickets at a later date.
The official websites for purchasing gig tickets for the Ipswich perfomances will be Ticketmaster.co.uk, Seetickets.com, Altickets.com, Gigantic.com and AXS.com