“He would choose our wedding weekend for this!” – Ed Sheeran fans react to Ipswich tour dates
- Credit: PA
The people of Suffolk found out this morning that global superstar Ed Sheeran will be returning home for two huge concerts next summer. Check out their reactions below.
Some made watertight ticket buying strategies, while others dismayed at clashes with special events – whatever their plans for summer 2019, the people of Suffolk had just one thing on the brain this morning: Ed’s coming home.
We have included a selection of their comments below – did we feature yours?
The gigs will take place on the August 23 and 24 – a Friday and Saturday night.
News of Ed’s return to Ipswich next summer came as part of a larger announcement about his global headline shows and festival dates for next year.
Tickets for the Ipswich shows will go on general sale at 10am on Thursday, September 27. Ticketing rules for the gig will be strict in line with Sheeran’s previous stance on ticket reselling.
‘Paperless’ tickets will be used for the event, meaning that the credit or debit card used to purchase entrance to the gig will in fact be the ticket.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 3 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 4 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 5 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 6 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 7 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 8 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 9 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 10 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
Organisers hope that this will reduce the opportunities for touts to sell on tickets.
Fans who are genuinely unable to attend will be able to sell their tickets at a later date.
The official websites for purchasing gig tickets for the Ipswich perfomances will be Ticketmaster.co.uk, Seetickets.com, Altickets.com, Gigantic.com and AXS.com