Farlingaye High School donates thousands to charity
- Credit: Archant
Farlingaye High School in Woodbridge raised £22,400 through an eight mile sponsored walk around the town.
A vote was held by the school council to decide who the money would go to.
£2000 was donated this week to EACH, £1000 to Suffolk Mind with Ataxia UK and 4YP also receiving £500 each. The rest of the money raised will be spent at the school
Natasha Brame from Each said, “We are so grateful to the students of Farlingaye High School for choosing to support EACH.
“Their extremely generous donation will allow us to continue delivering our vital services to local life-threatened children, young people and their families.”
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher, Andy Sievewright, said:“It was great to see that students understand the great work that these charities are doing in our local community.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 5 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 6 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 7 Suffolk braced for Indian summer before forecast showers next week
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 10 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing