Farlingaye High School to perform Made in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from Farlingaye High School in Woodbridge will be performing Made in Dagenham, a story based on the real–life events which happened at the Ford factory in Dagenham in the 1960s.
The production’s opening night tonight will coincide with the 100th anniversary of women being awarded the vote.
A particulary apt link given the show tells the story of factory workers fighting for equal pay some 50 years later.
Ellie Mellor Hine takes on the lead role of Rita O’Grady, with Harry Longbottom as her husband Eddie.
As well as performing in the shows pupils are also providing music and technical support to ensure the production runs smoothly for all.
You may also want to watch:
The show continues until February 8 with performances starting at 7pm in the New Hall at the school.
Tickets can be bought online.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 5 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 6 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 7 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 8 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 9 CCTV released following series of burglaries
- 10 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand