Farlingaye music pupils round off festive performances with hospice fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
A jam-packed calendar of events was completed by music pupils at a Suffolk school last week.
The music department at Farlingaye High School, Woodbridge, went to great lengths to help spread Christmas cheer across the county this month, launching the celebrations with its Christmas Concert in the school’s New Hall on December 10.
It was followed by the annual Senior Citizen’s Concert, with cold and wet weather on the day failing to dampen the lively atmosphere.
A spokesman for the school said: “The students sang like angels, and the music was spectacular. The visitors were treated to afternoon tea with delicious cakes, half of which were expertly prepared by Farlingaye’s food technology students, and sent home with a carefully selected Christmas gift.”
On December 13, the pupils performed carols to guests at Sutton Hoo House, ahead of a carol service at St Mary’s Church the following day, to help raise funds for Cystic Fibrosis charities.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “The students were wonderful, bringing sensitivity and joy to the readings they performed. Christmas carols and songs raised a smile as well as a cheer and the audience joined in with gusto, especially during the finale. Mulled drinks, mince pies and good company completed the festive evening. A jolly good time was had by one and all.”
On December 15, pupils made their annual visit to Haughgate House Nursing Home and performed for the residents, before bringing their festive calendar to a close with a performance at the East Anglia Children’s Hospices carol service at St John’s Church, Woodbridge.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich