‘Farmer Christmas’ arrives by tractor for school’s celebration
- Credit: Archant
Santa swapped his sleigh for a tractor as he arrived at a primary school - in the guise of “Farmer Christmas”.
He then handed out gifts to children at a celebration event, in a special link-up between Witnesham Primary School and the Otley campus of Easton and Otley College.
To help get the school into a festive spirit, a member of staff from Easton and Otley, John Attridge, took the role of Santa for the day.
On arrival, he waved to the crowd before heading inside the school to hand out presents to pupils in a festive grotto.
Mr Attridge, a farm lecturer at the college, said: "It was a pleasure to support the school in this way. The children were very well behaved."
You may also want to watch:
Ali Roberts, of the Witnesham School Association, said: "We are very thankful to the college. It really helps everyone get in the Christmas spirit."
Student Iona Faith-Cooper also helped hand out presents, dressed as an elf.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Controversial plans that would double village in size set for approval
- 3 Timeline: When can you expect to receive the Covid vaccine?
- 4 Electricity restored to almost 500 homes following power cut
- 5 Infection rates drop in Suffolk as UK records deadliest day of pandemic
- 6 Hadleigh rated as one of the worst areas for coronavirus deaths in England
- 7 Two more League One clubs make approaches for Ipswich Town defender Donacien
- 8 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 9 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 10 Church saved from collapse 'tragedy' after major cracks in walls appear