Driver dies after crash between Alfa Romeo and lorry on A12 near Copdock
- Credit: Archant
A man has died in an accident on the A12 involving a lorry.
The crash between the silver Alfa Romeo he was driving and the blue HGV happened on the northbound carriageway, just prior to the Copdock roundabout, yesterday at 1.37pm.
The driver of the Alfa Romeo, who was in his 80s, was the only person in that vehicle and he died at the scene. The male lorry driver was unhurt.
The northbound carriageway was closed for six hours, until the early evening, while emergency services cleared the road and carried out their initial investigations.
Anyone who witnessed the collision or possesses dash-cam footage of the incident is asked to contact Suffolk police, quoting CAD 166 of March 21, 2020.
To report dash-cam footage see here.
To contact the police see here.
You may also want to watch:
Phone police on 101.
To contact Crimestoppers anonymously call 0800 555 111 or see here.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 4 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 5 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 6 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 7 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 10 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism