Investigation after man dies following crash in coastal town
- Credit: � ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
A man has died after a two-car crash at a seaside resort today.
The accident happened just before noon near a junction in Jaywick Lane, Clacton-on-Sea, and involved a Citroen and a BMW.
Essex police said the driver of the Citroen, a local man in his 80s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
His next of kin have been informed.
No arrests have been made and the occupants of the BMW – a woman and two children – have been taken to hospital as a precaution.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are still at the scene of the crash and are appealing for witrnesses to the collision.
A police spokesman said: “The road is closed and is likely to remain so until at least 6pm. If you need to make essential journeys today, in line with government guidance, then please seek an alternative route.
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 4 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 5 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 6 Mark Ashton: The 'divisive' figure with a track record for promotion and profits
- 7 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 8 Mike Bacon: 'Be careful what you wish for' - But we've been proved right, we saw this coming years ago
- 9 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
“We are keen to speak to anyone who saw the manner of driving of either car in the lead-up to the collision.”
Anyone with information, CCTV or dashcam footage which could help the police should call the Serious Collision Investigations Unit on 101 quoting incident 348 of April 11.