Motorcyclist dies after crash on Easter Monday
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has died following a crash on a busy Suffolk road near Stowmarket on Easter Monday.
Police were called to the A1120 between Stonham Aspal and Pettaugh shortly before 2.30pm to reports that a man had fallen off his motorbike.
Ambulance crews, including an air ambulance, and the fire service also attended the scene, and the road was closed for several hours while an investigation took place.
The man was taken to hospital via road but later died, police have confirmed.
The incident is the third motorcycle death in East Anglia over the Easter weekend after two men died in Norfolk after separate crashes on Saturday and Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The first incident happened around 7.30pm on Saturday after reports that a Suzuki GSXR motorbike, which was travelling from Watton on the A1075 towards Thetford, was involved in crash with a chevron sign close to the junction with Church Road.
Police confirmed that the man, who was found in nearby woodland, was pronounced dead at the scene.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 5 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 6 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
The second collision happened around 10.50am in Bawdeswell near Dereham on the A1067, near to the junction with the B1147 Dereham Road.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 30s, was pronounced dead at the scene.