Man arrested after fatal crash killing man in his 30s
A man in his 30s has died in a crash just outside Chelmsford last night.
Police were called to a blue Peugeot 206 that had left the road and overturned into fields off Church Road, bordering Little Baddow, at about 7.10pm.
The man in his 30s died of his injuries at the scene.
Police arrested a 23-year-old man from Chelmsford on suspicion of driving under the influence, causing death by dangerous driving and causing death while impaired by drugs.
The road is likely to remain closed for most of the day and motorists are requested to avoid the area if possible.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information or dash cam footage is asked to call our Serious Collisions Investigations Unit on 101 quoting incident 1260 of 27/06.
Alternatively you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship